connect spotify to alexa for sonos one

I installed Spotify app on Sonos.
I have the Sonos skill in Alexa.

In Alexa Sonos appears 2 times :
1) as sonos one with my name (location Belgium where I live)
2) as living room (location Belgium again)
I can not change my device (sonos) location , not in my app on iphone , not online at alexa.amazon.com to a supported country

Under settings "Music settings" "choose default music service" I can not select Spotify

What I can do :
Open Spotify on iphone , select a play list , play it through the Sonos and then say "alexa play next song"

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
You need to bind alexa and spotify accounts together
go to the alexa app
then go to settings
then go to music and media
select spotify and bind accounts
you should now be able to seclect spotify
Dom1da , yes I know that I have to bind them. That's what I tried to do as I mentioned. (Maybe I was unclear)
Under "Music and settings" there's only "Amazon Music" and "TuneIn"
when I click on "choose default music service" I see
"Amazon music" which is selected and
"Spotify" which I c'ant select
You stated in your original post that you setup your Spotify account to Sonos. If you're going to do voice commands, you will also need to setup your Spotify account in the Alexa app. It's counter intuitive to need to provide your Spotify account creditials twice, for Sonos and for Alexa, but that's the way it works. When you enable the Sonos skill, Sonos doesn't share your music service account information with Alexa.
And how do I setup my Spotify account in the Alexa app ?
Dom1da gave the steps above.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
In case you are not already aware you need a Premium account to listen to Spotify with Alexa.
I have of course a premium account
And setting it up is what doesn’t work as stated in my first post
Maybe I’m missing something ...
Herewith screencaptures to show

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
This may help:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Spotify-and-Echo-dot/td-p/1610240

or Google "Alexa Spotify Belgium".

Seems there are country specific restrictions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

You're in the wrong area of the Alexa App. Please can you select Alexa App>Music, Video & Books and the click on the Spotify link. This will enable you to link your accounts and once completed you will be able to select Spotify as your default music source in settings as per your screen shots.
SkiBuddy,
The second solution I found in your link worked for me.
Thank you !