Beam says it doesn't support Routines but then executes it

• 26 September 2018
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Badge
I have the exact same issue. I bought my Beam yesterday and when I tried my routines it says that, so annoying! The weird thing is that the routine works perfect, it does everything it supposed to do.
No it doesn't.
If you specify a vocal answer, it will excuse.
You can't add a song or song list to your routine.
You can't group it with your Echo devices to play music everywhere.
etc.
Basically, the Alexa software on Sonos devices (or any other third party devices) have limited functionalities.
This is because Amazon is trying to sell its own Echo devices. But I think this way Amazon is shooting itself in the foot.

No it doesn't.

Well, it does. The routine has a vocal answer, plays music and turn off a light and everything works perfect, it only adds that advice at the beginning of the routine. I don't know what your experience is with it, but in my case, the routine does everything it supposed to do.
Badge

No it doesn't.

Well, it does. The routine has a vocal answer, plays music and turn off a light and everything works perfect, it only adds that advice at the beginning of the routine. I don't know what your experience is with it, but in my case, the routine does everything it supposed to do.

What do you mean it plays music? This is a sound bar. It would be very strange if id wouldn't. What I'm saying is that you can not add audio actions to your routines, can you?

What do you mean it plays music? This is a sound bar. It would be very strange if id wouldn't. What I'm saying is that you can not add audio actions to your routines, can you?

I'm saying that I CAN add audio actions to my routines and they work fine. The only different thing is that message at the beginning of the routine which is very annoying because is FALSE.
Same here, but without errors.
Userlevel 2
Badge
So you can add a routine (that involves some sort of audio action) to your sonos device and there is no message saying it doesnt support routines before it executes it?
If so then you are the only sonos owner in the world without this issue. I find this a bit difficult to believe. Please tell me whats in the routine?
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
The errors are back for me, unfortunately.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Try this from another post on this site:
The following courtesy of simplelife78

Fixed the problem by completing the below:

I created a new Routine with a very different name. I had a Routine called "Alexa, Wake up" - The routine turned on a few Phillips Hue globes, which enabled us to stumble to the kitchen in our post sleep daze to make the coffees and not trip over a cat. But my new Beam kept announcing “Audio actions in routines are not available on this device” So I created a new Routine called "Alexa, Farting pickle" the new Routine turned on the same Hue globes as the previous "Alexa, Wake Up" Routine and the Beam stopped announcing “Audio actions in routines are not available on this device”. Very happy me.

However, when I Edited the name of the Routine back to "Alexa, Wake Up" the “Audio actions in routines are not available on this device” miraculously returned. After a brief scream of frustration I again edited the name of the Routine to "Alexa, Coffee Time" and Happy Days, the “Audio actions in routines are not available on this device” did not appear.

My problem is now solved... in part to a Farting Pickle 😛