Answered

Amazon Alexa not appearing as an option on Sonos One

• 26 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello all,

I’ve received a brand new Sonos One, and I am excited to test adding Alexa to it. However, when I go to Settings > Services and voice > Add a new Voice Assistant, I’m only presented with the option to add Sonos Voice Control.

I’ve been searching for this online, but I don’t seem to find anyone else with the same problem. Anyone could help?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by miguelcabral 27 December 2022, 14:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Maybe check here to see if Alexa on Sonos is available where you are…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/amazon-alexa-availability-on-sonos

If it is, then go onto check/change your country settings in your Sonos profile, which is accessible here:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/

It’s indeed not available in Portugal - which is odd, since Alexa is available in Portugal.

I have tried that, but it seems not to be working as well. Contacted Sonos Support, and they said that if the Country Profile didn’t match the location I’m in right now, it is expected not to work. However, when checking all info on the community, people seem to have a different behavior.

I’m wondering if a VPN with change location would work on this scenario

It’s indeed not available in Portugal - which is odd, since Alexa is available in Portugal.

I have tried that, but it seems not to be working as well. Contacted Sonos Support, and they said that if the Country Profile didn’t match the location I’m in right now, it is expected not to work. However, when checking all info on the community, people seem to have a different behavior.

I’m wondering if a VPN with change location would work on this scenario

I’m not sure. I would have thought you need to change the country setting for Sonos, but not sure what the requirements are for the Alexa App.

I managed to do it! :)

So, although Alexa is available on my country’s Play Store, and I had changed the Country on the Sonos Profile to a supported one, it wouldn’t work.

I had to install a free VPN to change the location to the US, and as soon as I re-installed the Sonos app and signed in again using the VPN, I managed to set it up.