Answered

Alexa Voice commands wont play bbc or spotify music

• 11 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a sonos beam and sonos roam. When I use Alexa it hears the commend and says it will play bbc sounds but never actually plays anything. With Spotify, it asks me to log in on the device on my phone and connect to the speaker, which I do but still doesn’t work when I go to voice commands. Anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 13 April 2023, 11:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Jecdavies and welcome to the Sonos Community!

It sounds like your system has lost the connection with the Amazon Alexa Cloud. Have a look on the steps below, which should re-establish the connection and resolve your issue.

Please try disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill for Alexa in the Alexa app. Alexa app » More » Skills & Games » Search Alexa Skills and type Sonos » Sonos » Disable Skill. Once done, tap Enable to Use.

If that doesn’t help, there’s a more complicated solution:

• Repeat the steps above, but do not tap Enable to Use at the end.
  • In the Sonos app, go to Settings » Services & Voice » Amazon Alexa » go through each room with Alexa installed in turn and Remove Alexa » Confirm.
  • Once all copies of Alexa have been removed from Sonos rooms, go back to the Alexa app
  • Alexa app » More » Settings » Device Settings » tap each Sonos-related entry here and tap Registered To (Deregister).
  • Once all Sonos-related entries have been deregistered from the Alexa app, return to the Sonos app.
  • Sonos app » Settings » Services & Voice » Add a Voice Assistant » Amazon Alexa and follow the on-screen prompts. Our Set up Amazon Alexa with a voice-enabled Sonos speaker help page has full instructions.

If you are still experience issues with Amazon Alexa, then please reach out to our Sonos Support, as they can provide you with advice, specifically for your system and can guide you to get your voice assistant on the right track.

Feel free to reply here with any further questions and please let us know of the outcome.

I hope this helps. 

Hi

I had a similar issue.

I tried a bunch of stuff, uninstalled, updated, factory reset, deleted, rebooted, and disabled, and then re-enabled both the Sonos and Spotify skills but nothing worked.

What did the trick was to change my Sonos account's country. I don't know if they need to match (the three accounts: Alexa, Spotify and Sonos).

The problem I think lies in that Spotify on Sonos One is not supported in all countries. (I live in Mexico and my Sonos account was setup to the US). After I changed it to Mexico, it was able to both add Spotify directly into the Sonos App and play Spotify music through Alexa on my Sonos One.