Answered

Alexa unable to play Spotify

• 23 November 2017
  • 6 replies

I keep getting this error when trying to Alexa to play Spotify via my Play Ones

‘Your Spotify account does not support streaming to this device’

I have followed all instructions in the set up email, reinstalled the Sonos Skill, I have a Spotify Family Account. All works fine directly from Spotify and Sonos apps only a problem via Alexa.
Any idea?
icon

Best answer by nicka99 23 November 2017, 23:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hello BTW longtime reader first time poster 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Have you linked the same Spotify account in the alexa music settings as on Sonos ?
I have linked my premium spotify both to sonos and amazon, yet i cant control sonos one with voice playing from it. Neither tunein
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I keep getting this error when trying to Alexa to play Spotify via my Play Ones

‘Your Spotify account does not support streaming to this device’

I have followed all instructions in the set up email, reinstalled the Sonos Skill, I have a Spotify Family Account. All works fine directly from Spotify and Sonos apps only a problem via Alexa.
Any idea?

Are you logged into any other Amazon account in ANY app on any device logged into your email address? (Phone, tablet etc)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have linked my premium spotify both to sonos and amazon, yet i cant control sonos one with voice playing from it. Neither tunein

You may want to reset your Voice Control by following actions I've listed in the answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Thanks turns out an old A/c was logged in on my iPad all working now