Answered

Alexa sorry I’m having trouble understanding right now

• 15 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

My Sonos One used to work with Alexa but I changed to Google to try that before trying to switch back.  Now Alexa won’t work.  I’ve tried reinstalling both apps and re-registering speaker etc but nothing seems to work.  I’ve read some similar problems with ‘Beam’ but following steps still didn’t work For me.  The only reason I got this was to use for voice services so if it doesn’t do the job it’s a deal-breaker. 

Has anyone any further suggestions before I return the Sonos for a refund?

thanks

David

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 15 March 2020, 15:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hello @dwblack 

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

I would like for you to try these steps below:

1. Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app.  DO NOT re-enable the skill, leave it disabled.
  2. Now, remove Voice Services for all voice-enabled Sonos devices under the Amazon Alexa menu in the Sonos app, one room at a time. Tap on the Room to choose the option to Remove Amazon Alexa.
  3. Log out of all Amazon Apps on the mobile device, i.e. Amazon Shopping App & Alexa App, and Amazon.com.
  4. Go through the Alexa Setup in Sonos again.
  5. When prompt to sign in, ensure this is the correct Amazon account to link Alexa.

Let us know if you are able to use Amazon Alexa. If the steps don't help, feel reach out to our phone support. I would also recommend that you provide us a diagnostic as well.

Hi. I’m having the same issue with my Beam.  Music works fine with the Sonos app but Alexa says “Sorry i’m having trouble understanding right now. Please try a little later.”  I  Followed the steps 1 through 5 exactly as described but Alexa is still not working.