Answered

Alexa on Sonos local library

• 1 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Support for Sonos users who have issues or questions related to using Alexa on Sonos systems
icon

Best answer by rubberduck 2 November 2017, 09:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Can Alexa play music from My Library (help on a local PC/Server)?
I'm a new UK user - and I've hit the same problem. I have c. 35K songs on iTunes and a local hard drive. Help please!!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
No. A lot of us complained a few months ago that Alexa is useless to play local libraries. Hey not works if you rent music from amazon. Apparently y’all the beta testers never thought this was a needed feature after 18 months of testing, crazy right ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I believe this is an Amazon restriction and not by design from Sonos.
No. A lot of us complained a few months ago that Alexa is useless to play local libraries. Hey not works if you rent music from amazon. Apparently y’all the beta testers never thought this was a needed feature after 18 months of testing, crazy right ?

You have had this explained a dozen times. Stop being obtuse.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
You can do this using a different Amazon Skill to connect to your Sonos system 🙂
I am very disappointed that Dot does not control your local music libraries/playlists. I feel the promotional email I received to purchase an Echo Dot was very misleading. I thought I was buying something that can control all the Sonos functions. Basically the thing just skips to the next song or turns up the volume unless you use online pay for music services. I understand that is a Beta offering however if the full functionality is not added this is a HUGE disappointment.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
This highly disappoints me as well. I have a number of SONOS playlists I have created from my library. I was led to belive I could. I would like to say something like, "Alexa, play light jazz playlist," or something like that. Is hat something that is beilng worked on?