Answered

Alexa on Roam not available

Has anyone figured this out yet? I can’t seem to setup the skill for Alexa and in the settings for Services & Voice there’s NO ALEXA THERE.? Why is that?

icon

Best answer by Beachparty 20 January 2023, 19:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Log in to your Sonos account on a web browser on the main Sonos website and make sure the address under your profile is complete. Your country must be set to a country where Alexa is available on Sonos. Also be sure to set up the Sonos skill in the Alexa app.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-an-amazon-alexa-device-to-control-sonos

Thank you for your answer! I changed the address to Australia and still didn’t let me add Alexa. Then changed to USA - the same thing. Even though Alexa is available in those countries, Sonos app doesn’t let me add my speaker. In Amazon Alexa app where I try to add the skill for Sonos always gets me that same link to contact support… I’m lost.

Userlevel 7

Try deleting and re-installing the Sonos and Alexa apps.

Just did that. The same issue...

Userlevel 7

Have you completed the set up process for your Roam yet?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-your-sonos-roam

Yes 100% setup ! 

Did you contact customer care?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Beachparty 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you didn’t already, please try combining @GuitarSuperstar’s first two posts:

Log in to your Sonos account on a web browser on the main Sonos website and make sure the address under your profile is complete. Your country must be set to a country where Alexa is available on Sonos. Also be sure to set up the Sonos skill in the Alexa app.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-an-amazon-alexa-device-to-control-sonos

Try deleting and re-installing the Sonos and Alexa apps.

Updating the Country in your profile can take some time to affect a change in the app. Reinstalling the app after changing the Country can speed things up a little.

Having said that, the service should have become visible in the app by now anyway. If you are still having issues adding Alexa to your Sonos product, please try rebooting your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds. Please also try adding from another Android/iOS device, if that’s an option for you.

I hope this helps - if not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Thank you all guys for you help. I really appreciate it. I had to have a full Australian address there in order to connect to Amazon. After re-installing the Sonos app, it offered me to “add a voice assistant” option, which was not there before. I’m all set now, thanks again!

Much love. Sonos is the best! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Beachparty 

I was not aware that was now needed - thanks for updating the thread!