Alexa not working on Sonos Move when asked to play sirius

• 9 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello all

i have tried multiple troubleshooting ideas to get Alexa to play Sirius on my Sonos move and it keeps giving me the response along the lines of Sirius needing to be enabled in the Alexa app even though it already is enabled. I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting Alexa in the Sonos app. Disconnecting and reconnecting Sirius in the Sonos app. Disabling and enabling the skill for Sirius and the Sonos Move in the Alexa app. Nothing is working. Very frustrating. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Ryanfahey,

It sounds like something has become mixed up between your Alexa account and Sonos. Please try these steps and let me know how you get on:

1. In the Sonos Mobile App, disable the Voice Control under Settings → Services & Voice → Amazon Alexa → the Sonos player in question. Choose the option to Remove Alexa.
  2. Open the Alexa app on your phone/tablet
  3. Go to the house-shaped icon at the bottom right
  4. Tap on “All Devices”
  5. Choose each device individually
  6. Tap the trashcan icon in the upper right corner or “Deregister” further down.
  7. Do that for every Sonos device
  8. Tap on the 3 line icon labelled “More” at the bottom right
  9. Go to "Skills & Games” and tap “Your Skills” in the top right
  10. Find the Sonos skill and tap Disable Skill
  11. Go back to the Sonos app
  12. Tap on Settings -> Services -> Add a Service and begin the setup flow from there

Once you’re finished with these steps, followed exactly in this order, try to re-link SiriusXM once again.

Thanks. So once I get to step 5, which I’ve tried this numerous times, I can’t choose the device to remove it. I click on the device but it doesn’t do anything. It’s almost as if my device isn’t connected. I had Amazon on the phone for 2 hours troubleshooting and they were able to remove the device. So then I added it again and the same issue was occurring even after going through all the above listed steps. I eventually gave up on them because they couldn’t figure it out. So I’m back to step 5 again.