Skip to main content

The closest topic I could find related to this issue is “Intermittent Alexa Voice Assistant.. Sonos Voice Control all OK!” , and it shows that the issue has been resolved. But I think it is happening again.

TLDR: Just got the ERA 100 on 25 May, everything was great, “Hey Sonos” and Alexa is working well for the first 2 weeks (responds and performing tasks asked almost instantaneously), then from 10-11 June onwards Alexa starts to have problems.

Problem:

• Alexa not responding to commands or questions AT ALL (the status light did show up indicating it is listening, but no response until the status light went off)  
  • Sometimes it works as intended(maybe like 2 times out of 10), but only after more than 30 seconds after the command was given and status light went off. 
  • Sometimes Alexa won’t finish listening - I would be in mid sentence like saying “Alexa, turn off the light” and the status light will go off before i even finish my sentence. 

Things I have tried: 

• Power on/off for ERA 100, and wifi router
  • Unlink Alexa from Sonos app + unlink Sonos Skill in Alexa app - close both apps - Relinking Alexa back in Sonos app (it shows unsuccessful every time but then after 10 seconds it will linked) 
  • Resetting all my smart home devices - Unlink smart home devices from Alexa skills section - then adding it back again. 
  • Moved the speaker nearer to my wifi router (dont think this is an issue as I can stream 4k videos in my room) 

For context, I don’t speak fast to Alexa, or call Alexa multiple times when it doesnt respond. For instance, I will say “Alexa, what’s the weather like today?” then wait until status light went off or until no response, then I repeat the process again. I always only give one command / one question at a time. 

I am giving it another week before returning this to the store. It is incredibly frustrating that a new speaker from Sonos would be like this. Thought of exchanging the product but then I think this is a software issue bc Hey sonos is working perfectly fine. Not sure this is isolated to ERA 100 only, or ERA 300 has the same issue as well. PLEASE HELP. 

I have the same problem. Used to be working fine started exhibiting problems during the SONOS APP update. Now Sonos App and Alexa not linking properly only. I have the same speaker ERA 100. Good thing I was able to control my urge of buying another one to pair with the existing.

I have the same problem. Used to be working fine started exhibiting problems during the SONOS APP update. Now Sonos App and Alexa not linking properly only. I have the same speaker ERA 100. Good thing I was able to control my urge of buying another one to pair with the existing.

have you seen the reviews under Alexa app’s sonos skill,  omg the amount of ppl having issues not being able to get it to work :(((( 

thinking to buy era 300 but then i fear it might have the same problem…. there was a sonos app update and after updating, the same issue persists… i have lost count on the amount of times ive unlinked and relink alexa on sonos app and sonos skill from Alexa app

The closest topic I could find related to this issue is “Intermittent Alexa Voice Assistant.. Sonos Voice Control all OK!” , and it shows that the issue has been resolved. But I think it is happening again.

TLDR: Just got the ERA 100 on 25 May, everything was great, “Hey Sonos” and Alexa is working well for the first 2 weeks (responds and performing tasks asked almost instantaneously), then from 10-11 June onwards Alexa starts to have problems.

Problem:

• Alexa not responding to commands or questions AT ALL (the status light did show up indicating it is listening, but no response until the status light went off)  
  • Sometimes it works as intended(maybe like 2 times out of 10), but only after more than 30 seconds after the command was given and status light went off. 
  • Sometimes Alexa won’t finish listening - I would be in mid sentence like saying “Alexa, turn off the light” and the status light will go off before i even finish my sentence. 

Things I have tried: 

• Power on/off for ERA 100, and wifi router
  • Unlink Alexa from Sonos app + unlink Sonos Skill in Alexa app - close both apps - Relinking Alexa back in Sonos app (it shows unsuccessful every time but then after 10 seconds it will linked) 
  • Resetting all my smart home devices - Unlink smart home devices from Alexa skills section - then adding it back again. 
  • Moved the speaker nearer to my wifi router (dont think this is an issue as I can stream 4k videos in my room) 

For context, I don’t speak fast to Alexa, or call Alexa multiple times when it doesnt respond. For instance, I will say “Alexa, what’s the weather like today?” then wait until status light went off or until no response, then I repeat the process again. I always only give one command / one question at a time. 

I am giving it another week before returning this to the store. It is incredibly frustrating that a new speaker from Sonos would be like this. Thought of exchanging the product but then I think this is a software issue bc Hey sonos is working perfectly fine. Not sure this is isolated to ERA 100 only, or ERA 300 has the same issue as well. PLEASE HELP. 

Adding video to prove my points.

I went to Alexa App “activity history” - “voice” - and realize that almost 99% of my commands were not registered by Alexa, although the status light did show Alexa was listening. Maybe it’s an software issue? Since hey sonos is working perfectly. 

I have exactly the same problem. Tried everything, from rebooting the era 100, to disabling the sonos skill, to going to my amazon account and removing sonos from linked speakers. Nothing worked. This started when i updated the app.

I setup my new sonos era 300 speaker. The sonos skill in alexa integrated automatically in the sonos app itself while linking the speaker to alexa and everything was working like a charm but I had to return the speaker as it was damaged in shipping. With the new speaker I tried the same thing again but the alexa did not integrated to the speaker. Then I entered a new amazon id in alexa app and it got integrated automatically again. I tried 10’s of times to integrate with my old id but no result.

This means that in India we can integrate alexa easily once per amazon account with sonos