Answered

Alexa & My Country Code

• 7 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Alexa assumes I live in the UK, which I do not. My Amazon account is US, my phone and iPad are also US. Where is it getting this from and how to change it?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 7 December 2018, 13:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, janetisa. Please go to Sonos.com and log into your account, check your registered region there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Also can you check Alexa App>Settings>[Your Alexa Sonos Device] that the device location is correctly set.
Actually UK Media Nailed It. Both indicated NY NY but I noticed the host name on Amazon Alexa was co.uk!!!!!! My past is nested in the program.... how interesting. Should I delete it and install Alexa.com? Will that affect my Sonos equipment (Beam, Sonos speakers)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Actually UK Media Nailed It. Both indicated NY NY but I noticed the host name on Amazon Alexa was co.uk!!!!!! My past is nested in the program.... how interesting. Should I delete it and install Alexa.com? Will that affect my Sonos equipment (Beam, Sonos speakers)?

Please follow theses steps:

2/ Some form of Account Linking or Authorisation has not completed successfully. There are a number of causes for this and it's best to try these steps 1 at a time and test before moving on to the next step if the problem persists:
2.1/ Open the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and 'Disable' followed by 'Enable';
2.2/ Ensure that you don't have multiple Amazon accounts logged into different Apps on your device, as this can confuse the Amazon Authorisation. If yes, then please log out of the other accounts and then complete step 2.1 again;
2.3/ If the problem still persists, please logout of all Amazon accounts then select the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and 'Disable. Now power down all Sonos devices for 10 secs, allowing for any wired devices to boot before booting the remaining Sonos players. Now log back into the Alexa App>Skills>Sonos and 'Enable'
2.4/ Ask 'Alexa, Discover Devices'

Please let us know how you get on.