Answered

Alexa keeps asking "what do you want me to play next"

• 23 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Can’t get Alexa to play music. I tell her to play a genre, and she says “playing X on Sonos” but then keeps asking “what do you want me to play next" and never actually plays anything.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 April 2023, 10:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Madlander 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Hopefully, this will help:

Please try disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill for Alexa in the Alexa app. Alexa app » More » Skills & Games » Search Alexa Skills and type Sonos » Sonos » Disable Skill. Once done, tap Enable to Use.

If that doesn’t help, there’s a more complicated solution:

• Repeat the steps above, but do not tap Enable to Use at the end.
  • In the Sonos app, go to Settings » Services & Voice » Amazon Alexa » go through each room with Alexa installed in turn and Remove Alexa » Confirm.
  • Once all copies of Alexa have been removed from Sonos rooms, go back to the Alexa app
  • Alexa app » More » Settings » Device Settings » tap each Sonos-related entry here and tap Registered To (Deregister).
  • Once all Sonos-related entries have been deregistered from the Alexa app, return to the Sonos app.
  • Sonos app » Settings » Services & Voice » Add a Voice Assistant » Amazon Alexa and follow the on-screen prompts. Our Set up Amazon Alexa with a voice-enabled Sonos speaker help page has full instructions.

If it does not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.