Answered

Alexa is fully operational in the UAE. Why Sonos is not releasing?

• 20 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have gone through the previous messages. This topic seems to have got CLOSED by the moderator with out being addressed.

We have ALEXA already doing well in the UAE. It is time that Sonos brings it out. We are all disappointed as we are not able to make good use of alexa and sonos combination. The purpose of upgreading the systems is going in vain.

i have been writing to sonos care in twitter also. but no reply. I hope that may be now this issue will get duly addressed and resolved.

Sonos voice control is of not much use for us!

Thanks 

Br, 

Jawahar

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 August 2022, 21:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

It likely is the fact that Sonos needs legal clearance from Amazon in order to add the Alexa plug in in the  UAE. I don’t believe they’re unilaterally able to add it. 

Both Sonos and Amazon are working on multiple fronts. They should be having agreements. It is we, the consumer are suffering due to this. Anyway Sonos did sell the products as “incorporating alexa”. So now that alexa is working on everything in UAE, why not in Sonos?.

Hopefully we’ll get a better news from Sonos soon. Sonos’s own voice services are also in very early stage. Not helping at all!

There was enough time to get it sorted. Alexa is operational in the UAE for years. If voice controls are not available in UAE due to legal restrictions, pls make it clear on amazon.ae and similar retailers. For me, voice controllers was one of the selling points. And it feels a bit disappointing to have a deaf ear here from Sonos. 

Sonos does not control Amazon.ae nor any other part of Amazon. You should be complaining to Amazon. 

Hi,

Without an agreement Sonos wont be claiming that SONOS ONE  works with Alexa. Individual clients cant do anything. Is that what done in US or in Europe?. Did the customers write to Amazon?. pls share some details. we could as well do that before SONOS ONE becomes outdated.