Answered

Alexa in Italian !!

• 6 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
It is really confusing!
I purchase SOnos One in Switzerland , some time ago. At the time Alexa was NOT available in Italian, so I found some trick with the location to run in English.
Now it seams that it is available in Italian, but it is NOT possible to switch the language (like if you ask Alexa how to change the language!!).
I already try to Reset SONOS, but no way, Alexa is really stupid, no way to switch to Italian!
I already try to set the location to Italy, but no way.
The Alexa support and integration on SonOS is really confusing.
Any suggestions?

Stefano
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 8 January 2019, 09:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It is really confusing!
I purchase SOnos One in Switzerland , some time ago. At the time Alexa was NOT available in Italian, so I found some trick with the location to run in English.
Now it seams that it is available in Italian, but it is NOT possible to switch the language (like if you ask Alexa how to change the language!!).
I already try to Reset SONOS, but no way, Alexa is really stupid, no way to switch to Italian!
I already try to set the location to Italy, but no way.
The Alexa support and integration on SonOS is really confusing.
Any suggestions?

Stefano

Hi Stefano

The language for Alexa is set in the Sonos App. Please open the app on Android or iOS and select Settings>Room Settings>[Your Sonos One]. Under the section called Voice Services, you'll see 'Voice Language', please select this and scroll to the bottom of the list and select 'Italian'.

Please let us know how you get on.
Badge +1
One you know, is very simple! Many tnks