Answered

Alexa cant skip and only plays 1 song

• 2 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

I am having real problems with Alexa at the minute,

Firstly alexa cant skip songs, I have followed others and deleted the devices out of the alexa app and it fixes it for a day or so then it stops again. I am not sure that doing this every day is a workable solution.

Secondly When asking Alexa to play any music it will only play the first song then stop, I have looked for the household setting but deleting a user out of a household seems a bit drastic as we share our prime account etc.

Does anyone have any advice?

icon

Best answer by John B 3 May 2020, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Hi. For the 'skip track' issue, there is a bug that is being worked on. It works when play has been initiated from the app, but not if Alexa was used, which rather defeats the point. Not sure about only playing one track though - mine isn't doing that. What sort of command are you giving?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for the reply. Any command play command realy such as, "play music", "play music by x”.  Its really annoying.

Please try this. In the Alexa app, go into Skills and Games, and disable the Sonos skill for Alexa. Power down your Sonos speakers, wait 30 seconds and then power on again. Then enable the Sonos skill again. No promises. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

ok, ill give it a try

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks John, Its now playing continuously.

Excellent. Will have to wait for a bug fix for the track skipping problem. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I got it to work again. Here are the process.

1. Contact Sonos and Submit a diagnostic.

2. Remove Alexa voice service on Sonos app.

3. Disable Sonos skill on Amazon Alexa app.

4. Go to Amazon account, and remove Sonos from your list of devices.

5. Sign out from your Amazon Alexa app.

6. Sign out from your Amazon shopping app.

7. Sign out from your Amazon on your default web browser.

8. Go back to Sonos app, add Alexa voice service again. It will ask you to authorize by putting in your Amazon account id and password. You have to make sure your Sonos ask you to type in these info manually (thats the reason you have to sign out your Amazon accounts on your Alexa app, Amazon shopping app, and on your browser). 

9. Try "shuffle songs" and "play next song" on Sonos and it should work. At lease it works for me.

Notice the important step is step 1. I did all the steps 2 to 9 before and the issue was not resolved. I contacted Sonos and submit a system diagnosis. Then I did steps 2 to 9, and now it works. 

Good luck guys & gals!

After step 1. You can read all the steps i listed above in the below link

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3516?language=en_US