Answered

Alexa cannot play spotify, requests to link a spotify premium account - but its already linked

• 18 April 2018
  • 6 replies

When asking Alexa on my Spotify One’s I always get the reply: ”Please link a Spotify Premium account...”.

My premium account have been linked and works perfectly thru Sonos. Spotify is selected as default music service in the Alexa app. Use UK location on both Alexa app and Sonos app. Spotify account is however Swedish. Any idea or fix to this problem?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 29 December 2018, 23:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Maangeen

This link may help regarding using your Spotify that is registered in a different country: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/travel-with-spotify/

Cheers!
Hello AjTrek1.
I cannot see how this can help. I already have a premium account which was described in the initial questions. The link describes problems that may arise with free accounts.
So my problem is still unsolved and I hope someone could clarify or give fruitful advice.

/M
Userlevel 7
My answer made no guarantees as it specifically stated “it may help” not that “it will help”. However, there are other links in the page that deal further with your issue. I suggest you dig deeper and/or contact Spotify directly. If still no joy try submitting a diagnostic and posting the reference ID in this forum. Good luck!

Cheers!
Hi Mangeen, did you manage to solve this in the end? I'm having the same problem now and it's really annoying.
Same issue here. All UK and Spotify Czech. It should work, but doesn't...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Czech isn't yet supported by Sonos. You need to ensure that your www.sonos.com profile, Amazon Alexa and Spotify accounts are all set-up in a supported country for voice control via a Sonos One to work.