Answered

Alexa and Tidal

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 6 replies
So I'm thinking of getting a couple of Sonos Ones and the Beam. But I use Tidal. Does Alexa work with Tidal?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 June 2018, 08:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

It's not listed:

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/streaming-music
Alexa via Sonos currently fully supports Amazon Music, Spotify, and/or Deezer.

I believe you can launch a Tidal or Apple Music playlist using the Sonos App and then use some Alexa voice commands to play the next/previous track or skip/pause/mute or change volume etc.

I think Alexa will do most things, but just not 'launch' an album or playlist to begin with from the Tidal Service.
Badge +1
tidal will be supported end off the year by amazon alexa.
this they tell after the keynote from alexa.

New Music Service – TIDAL

Later this year, global music streaming platform TIDAL will be available on all Echo devices. This service leverages the new Music Skill API also announced today. Learn more about the developer benefits of the new, self-service Music Skill API: www.developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/
It’s now available as an Alexa skill. Can be configured as the default music service in the Alexa app.
Not in Canada for some ridiculous reason.
Badge
So I'm thinking of getting a couple of Sonos Ones and the Beam. But I use Tidal. Does Alexa work with Tidal?

Do you think it's better listen tidal streaming through sonos or direct with the tidal skill to sonos?
thank you
Badge
I believe you can launch a Tidal or Apple Music playlist using the Sonos App and then use some Alexa voice commands to play the next/previous track or skip/pause/mute or change volume etc.
I think Alexa will do most things, but just not 'launch' an album or playlist to begin with from the Tidal Service.

-
so you think it's better launch tidal using sonos app then using tidal skill
isn't so?

-
so you think it's better launch tidal using sonos app then using tidal skill
isn't so?
I'm fairly sure the tidal skill did not exist when I wrote that almost a year ago and i make no reference to it, nor do I say that anything is better? So you are taking my 'old' post out of context here.
Badge
It’s now available as an Alexa skill. Can be configured as the default music service in the Alexa app.

i think tidal is not yet available in italy
Hi,are there plans to control Tidal with alexa? For the moment only amazon, spotify, deezer and Apple Music are avaiable.

regards