Answered

Alexa and Spotify not working together on Sonos

• 1 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi. I’ve set up my Sonos beam and 2 x Sonos ones in my lounge and connected up as surround sound to my TV. I’ve synced Spotify and everything was working great. If I asked Alexa to play Spotify the TV audio would turn off and Spotify would play. Unfortunately I’ve changed something and now Alexa won’t play Spotify. I have to go into Spotify and select the room I want it to play. Any suggestions?

oh and happy new year!!!!! 

icon

Best answer by Mark P 2 January 2021, 16:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Andyhallmotox.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

Have you checked the Spotify subscription to if it's still in Sonos application?

If Spotify still in Sonos application, try to disable and enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa application.

This link might help Set up an Amazon Alexa device to control Sonos.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

After reading a couple of replies, and trying to decipher the bits I could understand I reset all my speakers and set up a new Amazon account and Alexa account. 👊 it all now works again. “Alexa play Spotify” and away she plays. 

Thanks for the help. I think this is the easiest fix. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Andyhallmotox.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Glad you found an alternative way to fix the issue, in any way this issue reoccurred again in the new amazon account, I suggest contacting amazon might be the best option.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.