Answered

Alexa and Google calendar on Sonos speakers

• 5 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I use Alexa Amazon as a voice assistant. When I went in Alexa’s settings, I put my Google calendar in the section “Calendar and emails” and after that, I tried to put on the function to receive the sounds notifications of the calendar and then Alexa gave the message that no device was available despite the fact that my Sonos speaker was on and linked with Alexa. I called Amazon’s technicians and they said that this function is available only with their devices, Alexa’s Echo. Do you know if it would be possible to use that function, receive sounds notification from the calendar with another calendar that would come maybe from Alexa’s skills ? Thank you for your attention and for your help. Marco Porlier. m**************1@gmail.com

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.

Please censor personal information when posting.

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 7 January 2021, 17:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @marcoporlier.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help.

We highly appreciate your feedback and effort in reaching out to Amazon for there are certain features not available on 3rd party devices that have Alexa integrations (like Sonos speakers) and will only be available for Amazon Echo devices. It's not the first request for a similar feature from the community. I don't have any details as to if it'll happen, but I'll make sure the team knows people are still asking. I will log this as a feature request and pass it along with the team. The development team is monitoring this community and listening to your feedback. 

Over time we expect the voice experience to get smarter and more advanced.   

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have for we rely on this feedback to make Sonos a more intuitive system.

Thank you very much for your answer and for your attention and comprehension.

Marco Porlier