Bought a Sonos Move. Opened and installed and everything worked correctly at parent's house using either Alexa or Google with Spotify. Couple days later brought it home, installed and voice commands are not returning a result except maybe local ones like "what time is it?" If I say "Alexa / Ok Google Play Justin Bieber" it replies "Ok playing Justin Bieber on Spotify" and nothing happens. I switched default player to Amazon Music and I still get the same result.
I have reset the Sonos app, factory rebooted and reinstalled the speaker. Removed the device from both GH and Alexa. And nothing.
I feel like setting it up previously somewhere else may have caused some conflict but can't be sure especially since I reset and reboot.
Best answer by Paul A
Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and for going the extra mile of starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. Allow me to help you by sharing some information to help with Alexa issue.
Allow me to recommend the following guides and please do follow accordingly.
- Check the might status on your Sonos beam make sure it has a solid white light and not solid green light, Solid green light means it is on mute.
- Check microphone status. above the microphone logo on top of the beam, there should be a little white dot light and it should show a steady solid white light. If it has no white light, means the microphone is turned off.
- Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.)
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
- De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
- Open the Sonos App.
- Remove the Alexa Voice service.
- Force close Sonos app.
- Force close the Alexa App.
- Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
- Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
- Register Sonos speaker
- Add music service.
- Test to check if it works.
- Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.
Please let me know how it goes and keep us posted here in the community.