Skip to main content
Question

Move 2 won't connect to Hidden Wifi Network

• 24 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a hidden network at the Clients Property and all fixed devices, Ipads, Apple TV’s, Printers, Tv’s, Chromecast, Bose Speakers etc and are all authorise by the Mac Address added to the system

I connected to a network with a different SSID and Password so I could get it’s mac address as there is nothing on the Unit. 

Once setup I then added the MAC to the system and factory reset the Move 2

Went through the setup and it connected, but after that it never connects again and not seen on the ipad it was setup up with and on the same hidden network

Any ideas? Is it because it hidden? Works on any other device added over the last 2 years fine

Thanks

Graham

4 replies

Have you tried a reboot of the local network and speaker to see if that might fix the discovery issue - Does the router show the Move has been assigned an IP address?

Are there any other WiFi access points besides the router itself? If so, try blacklisting the Move’s MAC address on those other access points, so that it only connects to the router AP.

Hi Ken

I did power the Move 2 on/off a few times

The Network is a large network over multiple building across a large Country Estate so can’t reboot the network

The Network has 84 AP’s, all are Ruckus with a Smart Zone Controller/Server that manages the whole system

The Client has it’s own VLAN for all there devices so that Staff etc can’t see/join there network

This was on Saturday as they wanted a battery Speaker that was portable as the Bose had to be plugged into the Mains to work

I’m sure I could see it on the network attached to the hidden network (was a long hot day so might have mis remembered) but the iPad I set it up with couldn't find it even though I could see other devices already added before. I would follow the system setting and add again and it said it was connected but  still not seen

Had to do a work around for the Client as a temp fix and don’t have access to it again for a few weeks now

Graham

If it’s connecting to the vlan and getting an IP address, then I’d expect the Move to work and be seen in the same way as each of the other Sonos products on that subnet by any controller on the same AP point too, at the very least.

So I’m not sure what the problem is, other than it sounds like a ‘multicast discovery’ issue of the speaker by whatever was being used as a controller device with the Sonos App.

Do you know if everything was up-to-date software-wise in relation to Sonos? If all was updated and the problems persist then it maybe best to first reproduce the issues, then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support via this LINK to discuss the matter in detail and see what the Staff can perhaps then suggest to resolve the matter.

I did do software updates when I first connect it as I do all on devices.

I’ll have to wait till the clients leave to get hold of the Move and try again and reproduce the issue and follow your advice above