Question

ZP 100 Spec

• 29 September 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Where can I find info on the original spec of the initial ZP100's . Output , channel etc..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Output power: 50wpc

Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz only

Channel: 6 I believe. Accessible from the controller app. Alterable from the app to channels 1, 6, 11 I think

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Thanks folks.
I was after the Watts and Ohms ratings.
Seeking to put a reasonably good pair of floor standing speakers onto one ZP 100. Wanting to check compatibility.

Cheers.
kev
Badge +20
50w into 8 ohms
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Ah, if you'd said you needed Ohms too.

Anyway, FWIW, the current drive from the amp is a little limited compared to a decent Hi-fi amp. Good floor-standers should be pretty efficient (88-91dB is typical for coil speakers), you just need to watch the maximum volume and avoid anything in a speaker that's too revealing.

The ZP100 definitely sounds better than the later ZP120/Connect Amp.
50 W @ 8 Ohms.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
We have the original product documentation available as well.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Thanks all.
Andy. Thanks but That link isn’t to the original docs. The Original doc wouldn’t have referred to PLAY series’s cos they didn’t exist. I’ll dig out the manuals from 1st editions. Got the hard copies somewhere.

Question.
So would. 4ohm speaker be incompatible. I never remember which way around.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Many articles I can find on matching impedance to Amp output refer to voltage output of the amp. Anyone know the voltage output of the zp 100. Does it matter?

I’m considering a pair of 4ohm Speakers,Frequency Range: 33Hz – 22kHz.

Will the ZP100 run hot driving these?
What do I need to check ?