Answered

wireless rear speaker kit to connect amp?

• 15 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a connect amp that is connected to a record player on my main floor. On my 2nd floor, I have a porch with 2 Sonance 62 outdoor speakers. I want to connect these speakers to my Sonos system, but am not sure how I can do so without buying another connect amp, or running wires, which i would rather not do.

Here is my idea.

Could I connect a rocket fish wireless rear speaker kit to my speakers. And then connect the receiver to my amp? 

https://www.rocketfishproducts.com/pdp/RF-WHTIB/8275528

In my head, it makes sense. I believe the rocket fish should have enough power for the speakers but not sure how to actually tell. I don't care about any delays as it's just for music. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 15 June 2021, 19:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It might work, but it’s designed to transmit wirelessly across a room, not between floors.  Although it says it has a 100’ range, that’s likely not accounting for walls.  And this is a discontinued product.

Maybe most importantly, this product is essentially an amp, and not a very good one by the looks of it.  You aren’t going to get the potential of your speakers...although maybe that doesn’t matter much to you.

If were me I would look into getting a port/connect for your turntable and move the Connect:Amp upstairs to power your speakers.