Answered

using speakers located at different locations

• 16 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I have multiple Sonos speakers that I own. I have several that I keep at one home and another group I have at my second home.   All are set up for Wi-Fi, and both homes have the same Wi-Fi name. 
when I go to apply updates when at a location, Sonos tries to locate speakers at my second home. And the drops them from the app when it can’t find them.  
when I go to my second home, I always have trouble getting my Move and Roam to get discovers again.  
mid there a way to define multiple Systems in the app and associate/assign speakers to that locations System?    

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 18 May 2023, 08:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

When I was jumping between 2 systems/locations they had different wifi names and my phone just locked on each time, finding the speakers in that locale. I did/do have them running with reserved ip addresses which might have helped. Try that and see how it goes. 

Userlevel 2

Using different Wi-Fi names at each location didn’t help.  It seems that since all my equipment is under my one account (which of course is what I want) it seems to assume it is all part of the same system.   Need a way to define multiple Systems within a single Sonos account and the associate components to respective system I think.   Even if I move a speaker from one location to another and back, the app shoul be able to accommodate that.   I love my Sonos systems.  When I got a second home I couldn’t wait to equip it with another series of the latest components.   This has been very frustrating though.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

As I recall, when I set up the second household I created a new system, but all under the one account. House A was one system with 3 speakers in it, and House B was a different system with other speakers. Thus it was only looking for the speakers in that system. When we finally moved into the new place and sold the old one I then added the relevant speakers into that system.