Answered

Using a Turntable with two Sonos Amps

• 22 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I am setting up a new sonos ecosystem in a basement and could use some help.

My planned setup is to have two Sonos Amps.  Amp 1 will power 6 in-ceiling Sonos Sonance speakers, and Amp 2 will power two large floor standing Cerwin Vega VS-150 speakers.  I am going to purchase a turn table that will have a pre-amp built in, and I’d like to understand the best way to connect the turn table to both amps.  I expect that most of the time I will want to listen to vinyl through Amp 2, but there may be times when I want to push a record to the entire basement via the ceiling speakers.

I’ve read that switch boxes are not the best option, and I am not sure that a simple Y-Cable is going to be sufficient.  What I don’t want to do is need to move the line in from one Amp to the other manually.

Really appreciate your input!

Mike

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 June 2021, 23:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Connect your turntable to Amp 2. When you want to play music from your turntable to only Amp 1/in-ceiling speakers, you can simply select the Amp 1 room/zone and choose the Line-In option under Browse in the Sonos app. Or you can group both Amps in the Sonos app and play the music through all of your speakers at the same time.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080?language=en_US