Answered

turntable query

Can i connect a sonos turntable to my surround system (beam and play:1's) or do i need something else??

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 May 2021, 23:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You need another Sonos device with a line-in port like a Five or a Port.

If your turntable doesn’t have a built-in preamp, you will need a phono preamp too.

If your turntable is compatible with Bluetooth, you could use a Roam as a Bluetooth gateway to play music from your turntable to your Beam.

Read more here:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3548?language=en_US

Also, there is no such thing as a Sonos turntable. Sonos just sells turntables from other manufacturers.

I just bought what I thought was a Sonos turntable for $500 and it was never indicated on the shopping page that it required another device (amp, port).  I thought it would have a Bluetooth system that my Sonos Beam or Roam would detect and play.  Surprise!!!!  I will now need to buy another device that is not cheap.  I feel completely duped on this one.  A record player that cost THAT MUCH sold under the Sonos shopping tab and does not include BT function?!!   I’m shipping this thing back and sharing the experience with others.