TP-Link unmanaged switch between computer, router and Sonos speaker

• 14 February 2019
  • 5 replies

I recently added a TP-Link TL-SG1008 unmanged switch to my network. Though I can still connect to my Sonos speaker from a wireless device connected to the same wifi network, I have lost connection to my desktop computer. The switch is between my desktop and the router. My desktop still has internet access, so there is a working connection between the computer and the router through the switch. Is there some network setting I'm missing?
Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Submit a diagnostic and ask the Sonos folks on twitter to look at it, they are open 24x7 or post it here and someone should see it on Monday.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I recently added a TP-Link TL-SG1008 unmanged switch to my network. Though I can still connect to my Sonos speaker from a wireless device connected to the same wifi network, I have lost connection to my desktop computer. The switch is between my desktop and the router. My desktop still has internet access, so there is a working connection between the computer and the router through the switch. Is there some network setting I'm missing?
Thanks!

Is it possible that Windows has set the wired network as ‘Public’?
Thanks for the responses.
No, the wired network is the only network the desktop is connected to and it is not set as Public.
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
How is sonos connected to your network? Via wifi or via cable to at least one sonos device (sonosNet)?

Also, does it work from the computer when the computer is plugged directly in your router? How was it connected before the introduction of the switch?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I’d be tempted to fully uninstall the Sonos app., then reinstall it. This should provide an option to reset any relevant firewall rules. (The controller apps are mostly stateless, so you won’t lose any important settings.)