Answered

Sonos stops playing

• 10 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I have tried many different fixes to get my Sonos system to play correctly and it seems like nothing is working. I have 3 Sonos Connect: Amps and one Sonos Connect. All 4 are in my media cabinet and hardwired to an unmanaged network switch that is directly downstream of my main AP (Google Wifi). Because the Sonos systems are all hardwired into the network, I have WiFi for them turned off.

Currently my network is set-up as follows:
Fiber D-Mark
ISP Provided Router/ Modem with Wifi turned off
Google Wifi Main AP
Unmanaged Switch
Sonos Connect: Amp x3 + Sonos Connect

I keep losing connection to the Sonos and getting the "Unable to Connect To Sonos Player" message as well as "Unable to add song to queue" messages while streaming from Spotify. Sometimes it will lose a room entirely, I've even had it lose 3 out of the 4 rooms. I have gone through and assigned static IP's on the Google Wifi so it doesn't assign a used IP address. I've completely factory reset them and re-learned them to my Sonos account. I've daisy chained out of the network switch and into one Sonos amp, then from that Sonos amp to the next, and so on.

None of these have fixed the issue. I always seem to get it "fixed" for a few hours and then it goes right back to the same issues. Also, currently I am unable to send a diagnostic report.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 11 December 2018, 20:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Diagnostic # 363489514
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Diagnostic # 363489514

Thanks for the report. The log is showing quite a bit of network topology changes for each player. This may be caused by STP settings on your switch, or by a network loop of some sort. Can you try wiring one player into the switch, then daisy chaining the other Sonos units? This should help with any STP issues. It may also help to wire in to the main router instead.
I tried daisy chaining the Sonos players, but it never fixed the issue. We upgraded from Google Wifi to a Ubiquiti system and since the upgrade to a more robust set-up, the Sonos hasn't had any issues thus far. Fingers crossed that the upgrade keeps us problem free. Thank you for your help, Jeff.