Answered

sonos Port + Bang e Olufsen beosound 3200

• 3 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello I just purchased a Sonos Port in order to connect my Beosound 3200. I ordered this cable and connected to the AUX in my B&O system, and to the “out” on my Sonos Port. Nothing is happening, no sound no music. Tried both Sonos App and AirPlay.

i tried on another system I have (a Yamaha soundbar) amd works perfectly. 

attached is the cable I have. It is a 7DIN, now waiting to receive a 5DIN hoping it would work. 

do you know why Sonos port is not working? 

icon

Best answer by Chris 3 April 2020, 17:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You tried the port  hooked to soundbar and worked.  That would say then port is fine.  Am I misreading that. 

Yes the port is fine,

and also the B&O systemZ. I tried to connect it to an ipad via DIN5 to 3.5 jack and works fine. 
I am wondering if it is the cable DIN7 to RCA which is not working.. I will try with the DIN5 coming in few days. But it really makes a difference between DIN7 and DIN5? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It’s the proprietary stuff like that that turns me off to brands like B&O and Bose.  They make it hard to get outside their ecosystem on purpose.