Answered

Sonos Move - Concerns after 1 month usage

• 3 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Recently, have purchased Sonos Move via the official Sonos app with the following concerns -
1. There is no voice assistant in India except Sonos Voice control. When shall we have this in place?
2. It's challenging to press the mode button sometimes as it doesn't detect the pressing of it.
3. It takes a very long time to switch to Bluetooth and to connect the already paired or searching device/new device.
4. Bangalore, India's support team is not efficient.
5. Any solution to switch off the Sonos move via Mobile App since the app doesn't have any advanced features it works with the basic ideology that doesn't even detect incoming calls. Sonos Move should at least detect the incoming calls and take necessary steps such as pausing the music.
6. The sound quality and clarity have gone after the last update.
7. When are we planning to launch advanced features such as audio quality and its type(eq) etc?
8. Whenever I connect it with Tv, the sound lags and hang midway, killing the audio vibes and spoiling the entertainment.
Team, the overall experience has been unsatisfactory.

Please respond to my registered contact details.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 September 2022, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

This is a Sonos community forum, not a way to contact support. I’m not sure we in the community can address your concerns, you’re much better off if you were to call Sonos Support directly to discuss your concernS. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@Umangflick honestly IMO #6 is the only issue that may get fixed in the near future. 

Badge

@Umangflick honestly IMO #6 is the only issue that may get fixed in the near future. 

Thank you @Bumper Expected a lot from SONOS. Disappointment.

@Umangflick,
It takes less than 6 seconds for me to switch the move from its WiFi connection to Bluetooth by pressing its rear middle button and about 10 seconds to switch back to WiFi, reacquiring its IP address which in my case is fixed in the routers DHCP reservation table. I don’t have any issues with any of the Move buttons. They appear to always work first-time, everytime. 

When travelling (glamping), I sometimes BT pair the Move to a FireStick TV and have no issues with that connection, although in more recent times, I have been using a Sonos Roam instead for that purpose, as it lies flat like a small soundbar in front of our 12v/240v TV in the camper van. But both devices work well with TV audio.

We currently use both Amazon Alexa and SVC on the Move and in fairness SVC (from a speaker playback/control perspective) will do more than can be achieved with Alexa but it’s still nice to have Alexa too for its various skills and access to other general information, including things like the weather, alarms, timers etc. However I would not be disappointed with SVC as that works great with default music services, like Amazon, Deezer etc.

So my experience with the Move is somewhat different. I have two Moves in fact ..and for me it’s still one of Sonos’ best sounding speakers, either standalone or stereo paired. In fact, I used a stereo pair to provide music to our daughter-in-laws 30th birthday party, at a local club, albeit a while ago now, and the pair played all afternoon and well into the evening using a mobile WiFi device (D-Link dwr-2101) and there was not one single issue with the music playback and that was playing the pair non-stop for well over 6 hours at around 60-70%+ volume for the most part.

On the rare occasion I have used the UK Sonos Support via phone, it has always been excellent. I’ve not had to call them in relation to the Move, but did contact them recently in regards to an issue with access to the Apple Music Service on Sonos and that was very quickly resolved, albeit it proved to be an issue with my Apple account.

If you think your Move, or it’s buttons, maybe faulty @Umangflick, then I would perhaps submit a Sonos diagnostic report, note it’s reference and maybe make a video recording of you operating those buttons, if that’s practicable, and then either re-contact Support at Bangalore via phone/email, or chat to Sonos Support Staff online via this LINK to see if they are able to assist.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thank you @Bumper Expected a lot from SONOS. Disappointment.

Sonos does a lot of things right, but sometimes it’s not enough.