Answered

SONOS + CONNECT + Sennheiser HDR 175 Headphones - Sound Fades Out / In

• 8 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

As the title says I have my Sennheiser HDR 175 Headphones in a “group” with my PlayBar + Play:3 (L+R) + Sub and connected to my SONOS via CONNECT (through the Optical output).

The issue I have is the headphone audio fading in / out every few minutes. This happens across all audio inputs i.e. TV, BluRay, Netflix, content streamed through web browser etc.

I have tried all three Surround settings on the HDR’s (off, low and high) but with no success.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?

Many thanks,

icon

Best answer by ratty 12 December 2019, 22:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi anthonyr, would you describe the fading in and out as if the audio is changing in volume up and down, or is more like the audio stops then starts up again?

If it’s stuttering, it’s most likely losing data between the headphones and the Connect, or the Connect and the Playbar, or maybe both. This could be wireless interference acting up on either side. It looks like the HDR 175 use 2.4 GHz wireless to communicate, same as Sonos devices and your home networks.

Do you have a Sonos device wired to the network or are all of your speakers wirelessly connecting to the router?

Are you able to test a different set of headphones, ideally wired ones?

The HDR175/RS175 does indeed use proprietary wireless in the 2.4GHz band, with quite a high signal strength. If the Connect is wireless too, and the headphone transmitter too close -- less than 50cm say -- they could well be fighting one another. 

The Connect would be particularly susceptible when streaming from the Playbar.

@ratty @Ryan S 

Many thanks to you both for your response and support.

I have separated the Connect and the HDR base station as far as possible and the issue is resolved. Rookie error (!!) :confounded:

Thank again…...

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Glad it was something simple! :) Stick around and join some discussions. Let us know if anything else comes up.