Answered

Sonos Connect + Harman Kardon SB26

• 3 May 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi

I am wondering whether I can buy a Sonos Connect and connect it to my Harman Kardon soundbar + bluetooth sub and it will work with my sonos speakers (via a RCA Y-cable - using the aux in on the soundbar)?

And must the Sonos Connect be cabled to the internet or can it work wireless (wift)?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 May 2018, 03:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I've not looked at the HK SB26, does it have RCA analog inputs? If so, it should indeed take the stereo output from the Sonos CONNECT. Please note that I said stereo. You will not get a 5.1 signal out of a CONNECT, but if you're just talking music, you should be fine. The connection to the bluetooth sub would be on the Harmon Kardon side, and not an issue from the Sonos. i.e. all of the handling of the signal would occur after the Sonos sends out the stereo signal to whatever device it is connected to.

Yes, indeed the Sonos CONNECT is a wireless capable device. It can connect to SonosNet (when you have a Sonos device directly wired with ethernet to your router), or wifi, or of course via direct connection on ethernet cable.
Hi Airgetlam

Thank you for your answer :-)

The soundbar have these inputs - https://www.google.dk/search?q=sb+26+harman+kardon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwji9p_mtOvaAhVE2KQKHcr6Ca4Q_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=987#imgrc=SwL5lxJJWSb4-M:

So I guess the solution i 'aux in' on the soundbar? If it works?
Thanks for the link. Yea, it looks like aux in should be it. You'd need a RCA to 3.5mm cable to carry the stereo signal from the output on the CONNECT to the aux in on the soundbar.

I can't think of any particular reason why it wouldn't work.

And of course, you're most welcome.
Hi, i have exactly the same configuration (Sonos connect and Harman Kardon SB26) but i have a problem with the audio. It only works fine with high volume. With low or normal volume the sound keeps braking on and off constantly. Do you know what could be the problem?? Thanks for your help. /Nico
How are controlling the volume, through Sonos or the HK soundbar.? Both would have the ability to control volume. It's entirely possible that you're only hearing audio when the volume is set high on either Sonos or HK because the other unit is currently set to a low volume. The volume you hear is pretty much a combination of the two.

With the Sonos Connect, you have the option to set a fixed volume output. With that option, you can't use the Sonos app to control the volume at all, but you should never run in to a situation where you have the HK set at a high volume yet you physically aren't hearing a high volume. In some rare exceptions though, the Sonos fixed volume is too low and doesn't really work for you.

If you do want to control volume with Sonos and not HK, probably the best thing to do would be to set the HK at a decently high volume, then hide the remote so it can't be adjusted or something like that.