Answered

Sonos Arc, Sonos one SL, Cisco AP, Mikrotik router

• 28 November 2022
  • 12 replies

Hello..

I just got Sonos Arc and one SL for surround speakers, I already follow all recommendation, restart router, turn off arc, change to cable. I put all arc and one sl into static ip, restart router, but the sl can’t be added to surround system.

Thank you for any comment.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 December 2022, 13:33

View original

12 replies

Can you perhaps just kindly clarify you have two ‘One SL’ speakers here, as you need two for bonding them as surrounds? If you do have two SL’s, they also should not be stereo-paired prior to bonding them to the Arc. If the things mentioned here do not apply, then maybe describe the steps and error messages you are seeing.

Hello..

Yes I have 2 sonos one sl, I add them on the system in different room like suggested on the forum. After that I’m going to arc and add surround system and here is the error message

I already try several times, and then I close the sonos app. After open the Sonos app here is the screenshot on the arc system

Thank you for your comment 

Is the Arc wired to the network and have you perhaps disabled  the WiFi adapter on the Arc, in its room settings? If so, you will need to re-enabje it’s WiFi adapters and hopefully that will quickly sort the matter for you.

I already use wired on arc, can’t disable wifi. Tonight I will reset arc and use the wired and will update the status in 4-5 hours.

Thank you for your comment

If you haven’t disabled WiFi, then it should work (usually), but there are some reported cases where some make/models of router do not like the Sonos HT main product procuring/proxying the IP addresses for the surrounds, but often wiring the Arc to the router will solve that issue. So perhaps try the Arc wireless and/or wired and definitely do not disable its WiFi adapter whatever setup you opt to use.

Hello Ken..

Thank you for your advise, Everything is running fine, here is what I do :

1. Put Arc using wired cable without disable wireless in Arc
  2. Adding 2 Sonos SL without wired cable into Sonos App
  3. Before adding surround to arc, I put cable into left surround position
  4. Adding surround speaker to arc, apps is not finish, I cancel the process, but both Sonos SL registered already.  

My wishlist is adding Sonos Sub next year.

Hello Ken..

Thank you for your advise, Everything is running fine, here is what I do :

1. Put Arc using wired cable without disable wireless in Arc
  2. Adding 2 Sonos SL without wired cable into Sonos App
  3. Before adding surround to arc, I put cable into left surround position
  4. Adding surround speaker to arc, apps is not finish, I cancel the process, but both Sonos SL registered already.  

My wishlist is adding Sonos Sub next year.

So just to clarify, is everything working as expected for you now?

Yes.. except I will try to unplug ethernet cable on sonos arc tomorrow, 3am here..

Thank you for your help.

Hello..

When I unplug the ethernet cable on Sonos Arc, both Surround missing, so I have to plug ethernet on sonos Arc to enable surround again.

Hello..

When I unplug the ethernet cable on Sonos Arc, both Surround missing, so I have to plug ethernet on sonos Arc to enable surround again.

The Arc will proxy the IP address to each surround but some routers may block that - what router make/model are you using? I’m assuming the Arc itself connects okay over wireless?

I’m using Mikrotik router CCR-1009 with static ip for arc and both SL one. If arc itself connect ok using wireless but not for both SL One.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @oriondotnet 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I took a quick look at my system status page for your account and I think I know what the problem is, and it needs to be addressed.

Your Arc’s reported network IP address is the same as your public IP address. This means that your router is not performing as a router and needs to be reconfigured or replaced. Your devices are exposed to the internet and are presumably not behind a hardware SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) firewall either. I highly recommend you contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance as this is potentially as serious as I am making it sound, in regards to some of your other devices which will have more private information on them than your Sonos system does.

I was unable to completely confirm this, but it definitely needs to be investigated.

If you continue to have issues after this has been resolved and all network devices have been rebooted, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. If you require confirmation of the issue, please also contact the team.

I hope this helps.