Answered

Sonos Amp won't connect through access point

• 7 July 2023
  • 2 replies

I have read a ton of threads on various access point issues and nothing seems to be helping.

I have a network with a main wireless network (Ch11) and a TP Link EAP-610 Outdoor AP (Ch1). The AP works for other devices and has the same SSID password etc.. Auto stuff, fairness and all those things are disabled. 

I have 2 AMPs 

• One is hardwired to the network and works fine. 
  • The second amp won’t set up properly
    • it won’t set up on the AP
    • I set it it up wired, and it connects just fine to the main wireless. 
    • When I move it to the APs location, it seems to not connect at all and the app can’t find it

Thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 July 2023, 17:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When one Amp is wired, the system reverts to Sonosnet, originating from the wiredd device. For your second Amp that might not be the best connection. Have you tried turning wifi off on the wired Amp?

Remember you need wifi to be turned on if the Amp (also) commands surround speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @howardcrow 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.