Answered

Sky Q and Sonos

• 26 March 2018
  • 1 reply

I have had Sky Q and Sonos together for about 18months now. All are cabled Ethernet and all have been working well in close proximity to each other.
I have had a 4th Sky Q mini box added into a guest flat, hard cabled again. This works fine. I have moved one of my Sky Play 1’s over and used a small netgear switch in which I have Sky, a TV, Blu-ray and Sonos.
The Sky is meshed together with same SSID throughout.
From the main house and anywhere off the new sky mini box I can see all my Sonos devices and control them fine.
When I connect to the new sky mini box WiFi the Sonos app will not find any Sonos devices!! Tried every permutation on cabling etc. I can lean out the window and connect to another WiFi and Sonos opens straightaway and I can see all and control the relocated Play1.
It’s driving me mental!! I have no ideas whatsoever what it can be.
Please help!!!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 27 March 2018, 23:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, FranceFarm. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. From the sound of it, I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time.They will be able to take a look at the local network with you over a remote session.