Answered

Skipping Songs

I have experienced songs starting and moving on only after 10-15 seconds. I’ve investigated different playback methods and found this phenomena happens when applying crossfade. 
Looks like a software glitch. 
I’m using Spotify. 

can this be rectified? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 August 2023, 11:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Muneesh P, welcome to the Sonos Community!

We’re currently aware of an issue where the Sonos crossfade feature in the Sonos app causes Spotify content in Sonos to skip.

The current workaround would be to enable crossfading in the Spotify app and stream to Sonos via AirPlay, Bluetooth or Line-In. Please note that Spotify Direct Control does not support crossfade, so only the previous options will work.

We are investigating but do not have an ETA to share on when this will be resolved.

I hope this information helps!

Hi Jamie,

Yes, I’ve found line in the best option right now. 
thank you.

Actually…. Does this happen with Apple Music? 

Hi Jamie,

Yes, I’ve found line in the best option right now. 
thank you.

Hi @Muneesh P, welcome to the Sonos Community!

We’re currently aware of an issue where the Sonos crossfade feature in the Sonos app causes Spotify content in Sonos to skip.

The current workaround would be to enable crossfading in the Spotify app and stream to Sonos via AirPlay, Bluetooth or Line-In. Please note that Spotify Direct Control does not support crossfade, so only the previous options will work.

We are investigating but do not have an ETA to share on when this will be resolved.

I hope this information helps!

Can you explain this line in option and the bluetooth workaround?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sonos. Please could you let us all know how long before the issue is resolved as it looks like the issue had only started with an update from yourself. I’m am aware or the the short term solution but unfortunately I’m not a tech person so not sure how to do that. 

Hi. 
No issue with Apple Music, crossfade works consistently and as a bonus, sound quality is so much better. 

I don't get it...nor buy into it...because this is only a very recent phenomena for me (within the last few weeks), who have had crossfade and spotify for years now!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Muneesh P et al

We believe this issue to now be resolved with the most recent update (15.7). Please ensure your Sonos system is up to date.

If you still experience this issue, however, I’d encourage you get in touch with our technical support team to report as much. Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi. Have downloaded the update 15.7. And seems to be working. Thank you Sonos. It’s taken some time to resolve the problem. Just one more thing. I contacted the Sonos tech support by phone on Monday and was told the problem was with my net work and should look at a Mesh network. I think some training might help. Thank you again for the update 15.7. Fingers crossed it keeps working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Graham256 

Thank you for your feedback!

I’ve looked at your case and you are correct - we could have done much better. Apologies! I will do what I can to make sure we will do better next time.

Badge

I updated to 15.7 on desk top, phone and ipad and I still have the issue of Spotify songs skipping. Maybe I need to restart my computer? I’m anxious for this issue to be resolved since it’s been over 4 months at this point.

I wouldn’t think restarting your computer would make any difference. I’d probably recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, since it sounds like you’re being affected by something different. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.