Samsung Terrace outdoor TV

• 5 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Just hung a Samsung Terrace 55 inch outdoor TV.  Need advice on the best way to connect sound output to my outdoor sonos ceiling speakers with the least number of wires or accessories.  The TV is very far from my Sonos Amp.  Hoping there is a way to do it via WiFi.

7 replies

No such luck, I’m afraid.

Sonos doesn’t make in ceiling speakers, although they do sell some made by Sonance. Are your ceiling speakers connected to that Sonos Amp? 

Some people claim to have tried wireless HDMI ARC capable transmitters/receivers, but none that I recall have come back to say that they work. 

Yes the Sonance are the inceiling speakers we have and are connected to Sonos Amp.  Yes I did see some for sale on Amazon (wireless hdmi)  …. But I was hoping that Sonos had a device or means to do this rather than 3rd party products.  

Also I did notice in the TV setting that the TV has the ability to connect to WiFi speakers but possibly ONLY Samsung speakers. 🤷‍♂️ 

Sonos does not have a device. 

There are no TVs that can connect to Sonos products. You can, however, connect an Apple TV to Sonos speakers via AirPlay 2, although only stereo, not a higher codec. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Can you not use a weatherproof case around a Beam or Arc (or Amp) to locate it adjacent to the TV? That could then pass audio onto other Sonos speakers wirelessly.

Sonos does not have a device. 

There are no TVs that can connect to Sonos products. You can, however, connect an Apple TV to Sonos speakers via AirPlay 2, although only stereo, not a higher codec. 

Sonos port has rca…would I be able to use the line-out from TV and have the split red and white rca terminals connect to Sonos Port?

Can you not use a weatherproof case around a Beam or Arc (or Amp) to locate it adjacent to the TV? That could then pass audio onto other Sonos speakers wirelessly.

The TV I have is the Samsung Terrace.  Ofcourse Samsung would connect Bluetooth directly to their speakers but would defeat the purpose of having Sonos setup everywhere else at home, including the outpost patio area.  I think you are right, if I connect an Sonos Amp that would do the trick.  Ofcourse, I won’t have any speakers connected to this Amp but I should be able to make a group to play onto the in-ceiling speakers, just a pricey option but atleast the delay issue should be resolved by this method.

Yes, the Port has RCA inputs that could be used for stereo input, not anything higher. The Port is also not rated for outside use, so you’d need to invest in some sort of weatherproof box to put it in. At this point, you’re likely not going to have any warranty coverage from Sonos anyway. The box you get may also limit the ability of the Port to send out a WiFi signal (or not, no idea), which may cause a challenge when connecting to your Sonos Amp.