Question

Playing Podcasts from Android Device

• 31 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
Sonos says "For podcasts to show up in the Sonos app under "On this Mobile Device," they must reside in the 'Podcasts' folder on your Android controller. The podcasts folder should be in the root directory of your Android device"

What does "reside in the Podcasts folder" mean? That all the media files for all podcasts have to be in that foldre? Can there be subfolders?

Has anyone gotten this to work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Not working for me also. I'm using "podcast addict" and have used settings to move the podcast storage folder to root, as directed.
so new storage folder is /storage/emulated/0/Podcasts/podcast/

All sonos says is
No Selections Available

Also in Podcast Addict there is a setting "share with other apps" incl sonos. I have clicked that box.
Cheers
Not working for me either. I am using podcast addict which is a great app. Sonos cannot detect my podcast on my mobile device. It is not very clear to know where the app is saving the podcasts...
I have clicked on the option to have the podcast saved on my Removable SD Card with path being /storage/9016-4EF8/Android/data/com.bambuna.podcastaddict/files.
I can also read the following "Information: Since Android Kitkat, apps cannot write to the SD card anymore except in their own folder. Therefore you cannot select a custom SD card folder."

What is your view?
Cheers,
B
Userlevel 2
Badge
Needds to reside in the default Nws
Userlevel 2
Badge
[quote=Andyswarbs]Not working for me also. I'm using "podcast addict" and have used settings to move the podcast storage folder to root, as directed.
so new storage folder is /storage/emulated/0/Podcasts/podcast/

Needs to reside in the default Podcast directory - which would be /storage/emulated/0/Podcasts - Loose the final podcast
I don't have Podcast Addict, but maybe my answer on how to get Podcasts downloaded with BeyondPod into the Sonos app might give you a clue?

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/podcasts-not-showing-up-on-androidsonos-controler-6254870/index3.html#post16088501
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Podcast addict suddenly works!!! My Sony Experia Z5 went through a system upgrade a few days ago. I wonder if that is what has caused the improvement!