Answered

New S2 setup does not recognize S1 speakers

• 21 May 2021
  • 1 reply

I recently moved and decided to invest in 5 new One SL speakers. I also took my old system with me, consisting of two Play:1’s, a Playbar, a Play:3 and Play:5. The system was running on S1 because of the old Play:5. I am ditching the Play:5 because I want to move to the new S2 system. I tried to set up the new system by plugging the old Play:1 with an Ethernet cable in the modem. The S2 app told me to switch to the S1 app. I disconnected the Play:1 and used the One SL instead. This worked well, I managed to set up the One SL’s in the new S2 app, and those speakers work. But now I want to add the Play:1’s, the Playbar and the Play:3. But the problem is that the S2 app now suddenly cannot find them. Is there any way to make those speakers visible again? 

icon

Best answer by Keithmac 23 May 2021, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You'll probably have to factory reset the S1 speakers then add them to the S2 system one at a time.

Might need to plug them in via LAN cable while setting up?.