Answered

multiple Sonos systems in one home with one app

• 6 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I have an Arc + Amp + Sub setup for my home theater and just added two pairs of Ones on my back deck for music.  I would like to be able to use them independently and listen to music on the Ones while others are watching video on the Arc system.If I try to play music through the ones (from, e.g., YouTube music) while someone is watching video on the theater system, the app tells me I must disconnect the TV in order to listen to the music.  Is there a way to set up the two systems so that they can be used at the same time with different sources?  It seems like this should be possible since the home theater system works fine without using the app.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 September 2021, 18:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

It seems that the Ones are still grouped with the Arc setup. Ungroup the Ones from the Arc before playing a different source to the Ones. You can also enable Ungroup on Autoplay in the Sonos app under the Arc’s settings so the Sonos app will automatically ungroup the speakers when you play TV audio.

Thanks for the quick response!  Playing around with grouping now, seems like that is the fix.