Managed Switch

• 22 February 2019
  • 33 replies

Badge +1
After 6 calls into Sonos I was told to get a managed switch to resolve the sudden loss of both Tidal and Spotify- the solution is/was unplugging the router wait 10 sec and all is good of a few hours days.

Long story short I was told by the Sonos guys my Boost was veering way too much data and therefore I needed a managed switch to resolve

Sonos would not provide a make or model just as long as it had the “snooping feature”. The setting provided where if no help

Now I’m told I need to get ahold of a senior engineer

Anyone one here have a NETGEAR managed switch? What settings are you using?

Thanks

Btw never had this issue till
Moving to a new home

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Badge +1
Turned off WiFi Assist. Thanks ! Have a 3rd call today with the Sonos Tech Level 2 support - hopefully this gets resolved.
Turned off WiFi Assist. Thanks ! Have a 3rd call today with the Sonos Tech Level 2 support - hopefully this gets resolved.Can you very kindly let the folk here know the outcome too please and what changes were necessary, so that others with the same router/problem will know how to resolve this issue in the future. Thanks.?
Badge +1
Spoke with the Sonos Tech Rep

On my IPhone

Setting

WiFi setting

Clicked on the blue “i” ( this is where I connect to WiFi in my home)

Scrolled down to DNS

Selected manual

Selected my Router address 198....

Deleted other DNS addresses

Also here is another thing to remenber. You probable know this - if you hear the music yet you don’t see the artwork (album cover art) your having a connection issue on that specific device.

Oh on the DNS earlier when I changed the addres and loss connectivity to the whole home. Once you make the change. You need to unplug both the router AND modem.

Wait 30 seconds and plug the Moden in first. Wait a few minutes till all the lights are green than plug the Router

Hopefully someone experiencing the same issue will find this thread useful and my ramblings insightful
Spoke with the Sonos Tech Rep

On my IPhone

Setting

WiFi setting

Clicked on the blue “i” ( this is where I connect to WiFi in my home)

Scrolled down to DNS

Selected manual

Selected my Router address 198....

Deleted other DNS addresses

Also here is another thing to remenber. You probable know this - if you hear the music yet you don’t see the artwork (album cover art) your having a connection issue on that specific device.

Oh on the DNS earlier when I changed the addres and loss connectivity to the whole home. Once you make the change. You need to unplug both the router AND modem.

Wait 30 seconds and plug the Moden in first. Wait a few minutes till all the lights are green than plug the Router

Hopefully someone experiencing the same issue will find this thread useful and my ramblings insightful

Your ISP's tech support is useless since this would have been their job to guide you through the router settings.
Badge +1
I respected disagree with ISP tech support. Every device worked (minus Sonos). So why would they have know or helped? It was the Sonos Tech that said he has seen this on a Verizon business account where the automatic DNS was disrupting the Sonos with an IPhone. No way a ISP Rep would connect those dots
I respected disagree with ISP tech support. Every device worked (minus Sonos). So why would they have know or helped? It was the Sonos Tech that said he has seen this on a Verizon business account where the automatic DNS was disrupting the Sonos with an IPhone. No way a ISP Rep would connect those dots
Yeah sorry, I missed the fact that the DNS changes were made on the iPhone rather than on the router. DNS server problems on iPhones and iPads are rather common by the way.
Badge +1
After 1 week. No longer any issues. Is was the DNS settings on my iPhone
After 1 week. No longer any issues. Is was the DNS settings on my iPhoneThats great news @erumsas1962.. thanks for the update. Glad all now appears sorted.?