Answered

Line-In Auto Play on Port

• 1 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi wonderful Sonos Family!

Hope you are doing well.

I am in need of your expert help in one of my Sonos Setup!

I have three rooms listed below

1- TV Room (Sonos Arc, 2 One SLs & Sub Gen3). Arc is connected to TV
2- Living Room - Two Sonos Five
3- Media Room - Sonos Port

I have external Device (Clock play specific sound on different set)  connected to my Sonos Port (Media Room) as Line in to Sonos System. In Sonos App on my Media room which is Port device having Auto Play Setup. In Sonos App there is option which room you want to choose for Auto Play so I choose TV Room for Auto play and when Sonos Port detects any audio signal then it plays that music on my TV room automatically even though some media is played on TV because auto play take priority on that room. That is totally fine and I really want that but there is option in the Auto Play to Include Grouped Rooms so I choose that option so I can play to my all other rooms but its not working.

I believe the issue is even though I have grouping in Sonos app for all my rooms and Sonos Port is media coordinator but when I play something on TV then Arc is connected to that which also have Auto Play option and ungroup option so it auto play and then ungroup TV room with other room so TV can play only on TV room.

I think these two options are colliding each other Auto Play from Sonos Port to TV Room with Grouped rooms and TV Auto Play and Ungroup option.

Is there any way I can play media from Sonos Port to my all rooms on Auto Play.

In my opinion Sonos app is really missing feature/option to choose your created group as Auto Play option rather than individual room.

If you think is there any way that I can use to play my Port media to all rooms.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 August 2021, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

As long as the TV is not powered on and is already grouped with the Port and/or Living Room beforehand - if you Autoplay the line-in audio, it should then all stay grouped.

However if you switch on the TV at any point the TV audio will then take priority and will likely break the TV out of that group, unless you switch off the ‘Autoplay’ and/or ‘ungroup on Autoplay’ options. At least that’s my understanding of those features.

The answer here, I believe, is not to have the TV powered on, just use the Arc without it whenever you are using the Port’s Line-In feature, or switch off Autoplay and do the grouping/ungrouping manually, perhaps?