Answered

IP Addresses

• 8 October 2022
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 5 replies

I have an Arc, 2xOne speakers & sub which havent been working for a while now. Im waiting for a long ethernet cable to arrive so that i can try and use that to connect to arc and see if it works. Ive spent about 200 million hours on the phone with sonos support and cant get this working. 

I have an Orbi router that came with my new ISP. 

When i log into the router it seems as though the Sonos system has got a 10.10… IP address and the rest of devices connected have 192.168…. Sonos support seems to think this is causing the issues as the speakers cant communicate and are therefore not showing on the app. But they dont have a solution as to how to fix it. 

Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 October 2022, 10:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If you unbond the surrounds from the Arc (just as a temporary measure) and wire one of them standalone to the router, what happens in that instance? Does all then work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mevs 

Thanks for your post!

You have two devices on your network that are operating as routers - this tends to be a router and a mesh WiFi system.

I recommend you check the Mesh Networks section of my help article:

I hope this helps.