Answered

HTTP POST always returns 500

• 1 July 2019
  • 2 replies

I am trying to develop my own app to play audioclips on my Sonos One (Gen1).

I was able to generate the token for the authentication and correctly perform all the GET operations (e.g. https://api.ws.sonos.com/control/api/v1/groups/{groupID}/groupVolume) but not POST operations.

All the posts return me a 500 Internal Server error without content.

I am trying to perform this requests with Postman. Already tried to google my problem but the solutions I found implements a different protocol with node.js.

Someone suggested to look for the requests made by the official application with wireshark but apparently it does communicate directly with the speaker (at its local IP address).

Does anyone has the same problem?
icon

Best answer by controlav 2 July 2019, 14:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Suggest moving your question to StackOverflow and tag it with Sonos, cloud API questions are generally dealt with there. You'll need to provide more specifics about what you are doing, because the API does work.

And yes, wireshark isnt going to help you, you already know what is going on your local network via postman.
Suggest moving your question to StackOverflow and tag it with Sonos, cloud API questions are generally dealt with there. You'll need to provide more specifics about what you are doing, because the API does work.

And yes, wireshark isnt going to help you, you already know what is going on your local network via postman.

Thank you for your answer.
For those interested my question is here: Sonos Cloud API HTTP POST always returns 500