Answered

How to change bass/treble on Move when away from home?

• 9 April 2021
  • 6 replies

We use often travel with our Move- as it’s designed for this; weather resistant, Bluetooth equipped and a fantastic battery life. One of its key selling points was the ability to use it this way.  However, I can’t change bass or treble when I’m traveling.  Can only do so when back home attached to my Sonos home network.   I’ve bought several cheap Bluetooth mobile speakers over the years- even tiny USB ones- that have bass/treble controls.  My iphone sees the Move when away but settings/systems don’t show any controls despite what the manual says.  Thanks for any guidance- I’m sure I’m missing something.

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 9 April 2021, 19:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The equaliser controls are in iOS settings, or the app settings you are using. 

I’ve had a few Bluetooth speakers and none of them have had their own equaliser settings. My Sony headphones app has one though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Why not use automatic Trueplay?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I think Auto Trueplay is a wifi-only feature, not whilst in Bluetooth mode. I don’t know if you can force a Bluetooth Trueplay session, but I suspect not. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

According to this page https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3569 Auto Trueplay also works while on bluetooth, unless Google Assistant (or Alexa??) is added to the Move.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

As 106rallye says Trueplay for the move on Bluetooth was introduced alongside the announcement for the Roam. It’s in the latest Sonos software, version 13

Thank you all for your advice!