Connect Amp network weirdness-wired Ethernet

• 21 May 2018
  • 2 replies

Please read the full question before responding as I have a more complicated network than typical.

I have 4 SONOS Connect Amps that work perfectly, all connected in one location on wired Ethernet (for my Pool). They are aware of my WiFi, but are hardwired. I bought 1 new (off eBay) unit, and I am having an weird issue where it shows up for my wireless (iOS) devices fine when on WiFi, but drops out of the Sonos apps "Rooms" when wired. At the same time, it is visible to my computers (which are all both WiFi and wired Ethernet). When I connect a source to the new Pool unit from a wired device, it does then show up for my WiFi devices.

Details
My home network is a Unifi (Ubiquiti) setup with several subnets. My wired computers are on VLAN 10, 192.168.10.1/24, and my WiFi is VLAN 20, 192.168.20.1/24. I have mDNS reflection enabled, and there are no firewall rules between these VLANs. All 5 Connect Amps have been configured the same, they have static consecutive IP addresses, and can all be pinged fine. This behavior seems to be the same regardless of which of the 2 Ethernet jacks I use on the Pool unit.

Any thoughts as to what to try next?

Brett

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
I have some followup questions:

Are your first 4 amps connected to vlan10?

Have your new amp ever been visible together with your 4 older amps, or has there always been either the 4 old or only the new one?

Reason I ask is because it could be that you managed to setup two different households (systems) and the client might randomly connect with the first one it finds. From wireless client to wireless player, the probability that it find that one first seems logical.
Yes, the amp would be on for short periods of time and drop off. I found the issue, and it was the most usual (and dumb) error, there was an IP address conflict that I totally should've caught early...