Answered

Can I pair 2 Roams to a Beam and then use the Beam as a sort of subwoofer to complement the Roams?

• 16 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Is it definitely possible to pair a Beam (Gen 2) with two Roams, and somehow use the equalizer to get only bass notes out of the Beam, if this makes sense. I've been told that it is not possible to use the Sonos subwoofer (or the possibly-upcoming mini-sub) with the Roams.

All three speakers would be in my kitchen (not connected to any other Sonos system), and I first simply need to know that it would be technically feasible to pair a Beam with 2 Roams, and second if it would be possible to set up the Beam to primarily output low (bass) notes.

I've looked through the Support questions, and I haven't seen an answer. Any knowledgeable, informed response would be appreciated. if there are any alternative solutions, I’d love to hear them as well. ty

icon

Best answer by buzz 16 March 2022, 05:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

‘Pair’ can only be done with two identical speakers. The paired ROAM’s and MOVE will be separate ‘Rooms’. You could then ‘Group’ the two Rooms and fuss with the tone controls to offload some of ROAM’s bass. While this is not a true subwoofer setup, you may enjoy the results. I would start with MOVE centered between the ROAM’s.