Answered

Arc Sub 2 Ones for TV, but add another One for

• 10 February 2023
  • 5 replies

• Contributor II
  • 2 replies

I am having an Arc, a Sub and two Ones for watching TV. However, when listening to music, I‘d like to also use another One a bit more away.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 11 February 2023, 00:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The surround system will become a SONOS “Room”. The single ONE will become a second Room. You can “Group” Rooms to play the same music. If you intend to Group TV audio with the ONE, be aware that there will be a delay in the ONE’s output with respect to the TV audio. This will be an issue if you can hear both the ONE and Surround audio simultaneously. If the ONE is in a distant area, you will not notice the delay.

The surround system will become a SONOS “Room”. The single ONE will become a second Room. You can “Group” Rooms to play the same music. If you intend to Group TV audio with the ONE, be aware that there will be a delay in the ONE’s output with respect to the TV audio. This will be an issue if you can hear both the ONE and Surround audio simultaneously. If the ONE is in a distant area, you will not notice the delay.

Ah, so two groups and then join the groups for music. Will there be a delay in the music?

I don‘t plan to join the groups for TV at all.

I am basically having an open living area (with the TV setup) and a kitchen area (with the lonely One). For TV, I don‘t want the kitchen ONE to play.

btw. Should I invest into a FIVE for the kitchen or is the setup enough?

There will be no delay for music sources.  The two rooms will play perfectly in sync. 

FIVE is physically much larger than the ONE and can deliver more bass. “Best” is your opinion of the results. When oriented horizontally the FIVE is stereo and will seem more spacious than a single ONE, but unless you are almost nose close to the FIVE there will not be an obvious LEFT-RIGHT to the sonic image.

Will this also work when using Alexa on the Arc to play music?