AirPlay support - time to do it properly

• 25 January 2017
  • 53 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

To be fair I will probably buy a pair to put on my deck if sonos launches a waterproof version. Otherwise not a good fit
pretty much. the sonos community seems to be populated with people that talk down to anyone that asks questions or wants more from the speakers. not impressed. The speakers look interesting but lower quality than a wired solution and more restricted than other options.

Not talking down, just being blunt. If apparent "lack of flexibility, inability to control music if my iOS device goes outside of wifi range, poor 5.1 support" is something you feel is not for you, then Sonos is not for you. That's just reality. Horses for courses, and no amount of mollycoddling or sales PR from the posters here is going to change that. Sonos appeals to a great many users, it was never meant to be all things to all people. And that's OK.
Couldn't agree more. I've setup multiple houses in the past and honestly had no idea that the limitations with sonos speakers existed with any wireless system. I started with a blank slate this morning, read up on the community board to see what issues users were having and was shocked with what I found. Everyone was nice to me but there were quite a few threads with Sonos users treating each other like dirt. Not very impressive.