Answered

adding turntable to sonos play 1 & play 3

• 26 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello All!

I would like to connect the Victoria Stream  turntable to my very old Sonos Play 1 and Play 3 system (circa 2013). Can this be done without buying the sonos port or sonos amplifier?  Victra website says yea but they mention Sonos One, not Sonos Play 1 which is different. 
Thanks for your help!

Michelle 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 26 November 2023, 16:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It looks like it sets up a wireless stream, which you (I’m guessing) add as a Service and select as a music source. If so, it should indeed work with your Play:1 and Play:3, as their website says. 

Correction:

The tt is set up as a device on your wifi network, and their app auto plays to a selected default speaker, whatever speaker you chose in your system. As it auto plays, when you start playing vinyl the sound comes from your Sonos device. Then in the Sonos app you can group other speakers etc in the normal way. Not clear though if your selected Autoplay speaker always has to be in the group or whether you can have that speaker playing a different source whilst the tt is playing to other Sonos devices. 

So yes: it will work with your older model speakers.